Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Creative Belli Challenge

The Creative Belli Challenge is Hearts so here a MDS card as well as two physical card for you. The Creative Belli Challenge is of course to remind us to use forgotten embellishments and accessories we have in our stash. The best way of course is to use them while they are still new and fresh in our minds and still all the rage! So this first card is made with the MDS with items from Sale-a-bration and the Occasions Mini; but I think the best part of MDS is nothing is every really retires I can use ALL the embellishments I want and not worry about running out, Kind of like that bottomless cup of coffee!
This card of course uses layers of hearts, you can easily replicate it in physical form using the new Framelits Dies (12559 - $26.95) found in the Occasions Mini-catalog. The Designer Series Paper is from the sale-a-bration Mini-catalog; a $10.95 value, which of course is FREE with a $50 purchase Yeah! I used the I {Heart} Hearts Digital Brush Stamp Set (I {Heart} Hearts Stamp Brush Set -- Digital Download I {Heart} Hearts Stamp Brush Set - Digital Download a 10 piece set (128996 $3.95 Download includes: 10-piece stamp brush set as well as 3-1/2" x 5" trifold card designer template); but the same set is available in Wood(W) or Clear Mount(CM) Set of 8 (117010-$26.95/ 118571-$18.95CM) The border punch on the bottom is Eyelet Border (119853 $15.95) as well as Eyelet Border Punch - Digital Download (122150 - $0.95)
This next card has paper from way back, I would have to scour through old catalogs to find the name, one of you might still have some too or remember the name of if. It is Stampin' up! Designer Series Paper- as are all of my supplies, I used a the heart punch, a rhinestone brad. The ribbon is last year's Polka-dot Soft Suede I simply turned it around so the dots are facing the paper not the viewer. The Buttons is perfect Plum- same color that runs through the paper; I LOVE the way Stampin' Up!'s colors are so very perfect together. The thread is the button is actually Hemp that I simply looped through and tied with a tailor's knot then frayed the ends.
The third card comes from getting together with some friends to stamp- isn't that the best reason for stamping! The ribbon is the scalloped polka-dot ribbon, which is current, the hearts are layered a Basic Black that I used a small heart punch (117193), then I used a piece of scrap Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper along with the Heart to Heart Punch (119881 $16.95), which really punches three different sized punches at once but I just used the smallest one. I then backed it with a Bitty Button(118761 -64 in 4 different shapes for $4.95)The stamp is from the Lean on Me (Set of 4; 122283 $20.95 W/122285 $15.95 CM)

4 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful grouping of cards- I use all SU paper too- love how they all coordinate with ink and everything. The MDS trial looks dangerous...LOL How sweet is the image on card #3!

Ceal said...

super cute cards! I love them all wonderful job!

joy said...

Pretty cards, love the colors on the second one!

Robin Parker said...

Markey, I love the color and designer papers. The sentiment is beautiful.